Fire Grant Council
Fire Grant Council
Fire Grant Council Meeting Agenda (Oct 11-13, 2021)
Fire Grant Council Meeting Notice (Oct 11-13, 2021)
FY22 Fire Grant Application
*For questions and technical support regarding the application, departments should initially contact their SFMO Fire Support Inspector.
- FY23 Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria
- FY21 CITY Fire Protection Fund Distribution
- FY21 COUNTY Fire Protection Fund Distribution
- FY21 Grant Notification Letter
FY22 Fire Protection Grant Summary
231 Applications were reviewed and scored.
- The state was divided into north and south sections.
- Three councilors from the north reviewed and scored applications from the south, and three councilors from the south reviewed applications from the north.
- The three scores for each department were merged and averaged. Each department’s ISO rating was then added to the raw score for a final ranking. Any outliers were reviewed by the council. This method ensures that all applicants were evaluated equally with respect to the critical nature of the request and their ISO rating.
249 applications were started with 231 submitted for review.
- Total amount of the requests: $56,134,177.
- Total cost of all projects being undertaken by applicants: $68,042,097.
90 applications reviewed for awards with 5 denied funding.
- 141 of the 231 applications were not funded due to a lack of funds.
85 applications were awarded for a total of $19,423,811.
28 applicants requested and were awarded stipends for recruiting, retention and education programs (from $12,745-$25,000) for a total of $687,745.
Total unfunded grant requests: $36,710,365.
Within our state, there are:
- 380 county main fire stations.
- 80 county sub stations.
- 28 county fire administration facilities.
- 220 municipal main fire stations.
- 35 municipal fire administration facilities.
- *Note: These figures do not include private departments or tribal facilities.
Appointed: Municipal League
City: San Jon
Appointed: Fire Service Advisory Council
City: Silver City