EMPG-American Recovery Act Plan (EMPG-ARPA)
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE GRANT-AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT
The Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) provides federal funding to assist states, tribes, and local governments with all-hazards emergency preparedness. The American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) provided additional funding to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the annual EMPG 2021 cycle on a population-share basis. Participating states then distribute these funds for reimbursement of applicable state, tribal, and local emergency management program expenses. Through this EMPG-ARPA funding opportunity, the New Mexico Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) will award up to $990,000 in federal funding to eligible applicants for planning, equipment, training, and exercises. All planning, equipment, training, and exercise activities eligible under EMPG 2021, are also eligible for EMPG-ARPA funding.
EMPG funds are used to implement the National Preparedness System and to support the National Preparedness Goal of a secure and resilient nation. To that end, program objectives include closing capability gaps that are identified in the state’s most recent Stakeholder Preparedness Review (SPR) and building or sustaining those capabilities that are identified as high priority through the Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)/SPR process. EMPG allowable costs support efforts to build and sustain core capabilities across the Prevention, Protection, Mitigation, Response, and Recovery mission areas described in the National Preparedness Goal.
Annual EMPG2021 Sub-Grant Application
The Funding Announcement is made up of the following files; Funding Announcement, Allocation Methodology, Application (Word format), and Budget Worksheet (Excel format). The DHSEM Scoring Sheet is also available for reference. The Federal NOFO (combined EMPG2021 and EMPG-ARPA) and Preparedness Grants Manual (February 2021) can also be downloaded for reference.
Important dates identified in the Funding Announcement are;
- September 30, 2021: Release of State Funding Announcement and associated materials
- October 7, 2021: Application Webinar at 2pm (to be recorded and posted)
- October 15, 2021: Applicant question submittal deadline to DHSEM
- October 22, 2021: DHSEM response to questions posted
- November 19, 2021: Applications due to DHSEM
- December 2021: DHSEM Review of applications
- December 30, 2021: Anticipated award letters sent to applicants
- January 30, 2022: Anticipated date for sub-grants to be awarded to applicants (sub-grants will be sent only after FEMA makes the complete award to DHSEM)
If you have any questions, please contact: DHSEM.firstname.lastname@example.org
View and Download Documents
If you have any questions regarding the EMPG-ARPA Sub-grant Application, please contact: email@example.com