Non-Profit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
What is NSGP?
The FY 2023 Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) provides funding support for physical security enhancements and other security related activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack. NSGP seeks to integrate the preparedness activities of nonprofit organizations with broader state and local preparedness efforts.
Current NSGP Local Jurisdiction Information
- Eligibility Details: NM DHSEM is the only entity eligible to apply to FEMA for NSGP funds. Funds are then distributed to nonprofit organizations across the state through a pass-through application process. See FY23 NSGP NOFO for addition information.
- Timeline: Applicants must submit their documents no later than May 5, 2023 by 5:00pm.
- Recipient: A non-Federal entity that receives a Federal award directly from a Federal awarding agency to carry out an activity under a Federal
- Applicant: A non-Federal entity submitting an application to the Recipient for assistance under the Recipient’s Federal award
- Pass-through entity: A non-Federal entity that provides a sub-award to an Applicant to carry out part of a Federal award
- Sub-recipient: An Applicant that receives a sub-award from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a Federal award
NSGP Orientation Presentation
Nonprofit Security Grant Program 2023
- April 14, 2023; Release of NSGP 2023 State Funding Announcement and Allocation Methodology, and Application
- April 17, 2023; NSGP 2023 State Funding Announcement and Allocation Methodology and Application posted on the NMDHSEM website
- May 5, 2023; Investment Justifications due to the State
- May 8 – 10, 2023; NMDHSEM Review of Investment Justifications and Request for Information (RFI) process
- May 11 – 12, 2023; NSGP Investment Justifications Review Process
- May 18, 2018; State NSGP application due to FEMA
- 45 – 60 days following FEMA’s award of funds to State; award and denial letters sent to applicants
- 45 – 60 days following FEMA’s award of funds to State; Sub-grants awarded to applicants (Sub-grants will be sent only after FEMA awards the grant to State)