Non-Profit Security Grant Program (NSGP)
What is NSGP?
The FY 2021 NSGP provides funding support for physical security enhancements and other security related activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack. NSGP seeks to integrate the preparedness activities of nonprofit organizations with broader state and local preparedness efforts.
Current NSGP Local Jurisdiction Information
- Eligibility Details: NM DHSEM is the only entity eligible to apply to FEMA for NSGP funds. Funds are then distributed to nonprofit organizations across the state through a pass-through application process. See FY21 NSGP Notice of Funding Opportunity for addition information.
- Timeline: Applicants must submit their documents to Catherine.Watson@state.nm.us no later than May 5, 2021 by 5:00pm.
- Recipient: A non-Federal entity that receives a Federal award directly from a Federal awarding agency to carry out an activity under a Federal
- Applicant: A non-Federal entity submitting an application to the Recipient for assistance under the Recipient’s Federal award
- Pass-through entity: A non-Federal entity that provides a sub-award to an Applicant to carry out part of a Federal award
- Sub-recipient: An Applicant that receives a sub-award from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a Federal award