Community Assistance Program-State Support Services Element (CAP-SSSE)
What is CAP-SSSE?
The Community Assistance Program – State Support Services Element (CAP- SSSE)
program provides funding to states to provide technical assistance to communities in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and to evaluate community performance in implementing NFIP floodplain management activities. CAP-SSSE aligns with and supports Presidential Policy Directive 8 – to Strengthen National Preparedness and Resilience. CAP- SSSE strives to leverage state knowledge and expertise to provide support to communities through activities that most effectively reduce flood losses. The CAP-SSSE grant funds eligible activities to enable state NFIP coordinating offices to meet the provisions set forth in 44 C.F.R. § 60.25 and the goals and performance expectations of the funding agency: FEMA and the NFIP.
Current CAP-SSSE Local Jurisdiction Information
- Eligibility Details
- NM DHSEM is the only eligible entity eligible to apply to FEMA for EMPG funds. Funds are then distributed to tribal, county, and city agencies across the state through a pass-through application process. See FY19 CAP-SSSE NOFO for addition information.
- CAP-SSSE Timeline
- Recipient: A non-Federal entity that receives a Federal award3directly from a Federal awarding agency to carry out an activity under a Federal
- Applicant: A non-Federal entity submitting an application to the Recipient for assistance under the Recipient’s Federal
- Pass-through entity: A non-Federal entity that provides a sub-award to an Applicant to carry out part of a Federal
- Sub-recipient: An Applicant that receives a sub-award from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a Federal program.