Annual EMPG Sub-Grant Application
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PERFORMANCE GRANT 2021
Purpose of EMPG
The Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) program provides federal funding to assist states, Tribes and local governments with all hazards emergency preparedness. EMPG funds are allocated by the Department of Homeland Security to participating states on a population-share basis. Participating states then distribute these funds for reimbursement of applicable state, Tribal and local emergency management program expenses.
EMPG funds are used to implement the National Preparedness System and to support the National Preparedness Goal of a secure and resilient nation. To that end, program objectives include closing capability gaps that are identified in the state’s most recent Stakeholder Preparedness Review (SPR) and building or sustaining those capabilities that are identified as high priority through the Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA)/SPR process. EMPG allowable costs support efforts to build and sustain core capabilities across the Prevention, Protection, Mitigation, Response, and Recovery mission areas described in the National Preparedness Goal.
Annual EMPG2021 Sub-Grant Application
The Funding Announcement is made up of the following files; Funding Announcement, Allocation Methodology and Application (Excel format). The Federal NOFO and Preparedness Grants Manual (February 2021) can also be downloaded for reference. The 2021 EMPG Questions and Answers are now available.
Important dates identified in the Funding Announcement are;
- April 2, 2021; Release of State Funding Announcement, Allocation Methodology and Application
- April 15, 2021; Application Webinar at 12:30pm (to be recorded and posted here)
- April 22, 2021; Question submittal deadline to DHSEM
- April 29, 2021; DHSEM response to questions released
- June 1, 2021; Applications due to the State
- June 2021; DHSEM Review of applications
- June 30, 2021; Anticipated award letters sent to applicants
- July 30, 2021; Anticipated date for Sub-grants to be awarded to applicants (Sub-grants will be sent only after FEMA awards the grant to State)
If you have any questions please contact: DHSEM.email@example.com
View and Download Documents
2021 EMPG Webinar
The EMPG Webinar was held on April 15, 2021 at 12:30pm. The recording of the webinar is posted below. If you have any questions regarding the EMPG Sub-grant Application or the webinar please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org