Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG)
What is EMPG?
The FY 2020 EMPG program will provide funds to assist State, local, tribal, and territorial emergency management agencies to implement the National Preparedness System and the National Preparedness Goal (the Goal) of a secure and resilient nation. The Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Program is one of the grant programs that constitute the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) focus on all-hazards emergency preparedness. These grant programs are part of a comprehensive set of measures authorized by Congress and implemented by DHS. Among the five basic homeland security missions noted in the 2018 DHS Quadrennial Homeland Security Review, EMPG supports the goal to Strengthen National Preparedness and Resilience. The 2018-2022 FEMA Strategic Plan creates a shared vision for the field of emergency management and sets an ambitious, yet achievable, path forward to unify and further professionalize emergency management across the country. The EMPG Program supports the goals of Building a Culture of Preparedness and Readying the Nation for Catastrophic Disasters. We invite all stakeholders and partners to also adopt these priorities and join us in building a more prepared and resilient nation.
Current EMPG Local Jurisdiction Information
- 2020 EMPG application materials click here
- Eligibility Details
NM DHSEM is the only eligible entity eligible to apply to FEMA for EMPG funds. Funds are then distributed to tribal, county, and city agencies across the state through a pass-through application process.
- Recipient: A non-Federal entity that receives a Federal award directly from a Federal awarding agency to carry out an activity under a Federal grant. This is DHSEM.
- Applicant: A non-Federal entity submitting an application to the Recipient for assistance under the Recipient’s Federal grant. This is DHSEM.
- Pass-through entity: A non-Federal entity that provides a sub-award to an Applicant to carry out part of a Federal program. This is the County, City, Pueblo, Tribe or Nation.
- Sub-recipient: An Applicant that receives a sub-award from a pass-through entity to carry out part of a Federal program. This is the County, City, Pueblo, Tribe or Nation.